RIIA was founded in 2006 to help solve the retirement problem by:
- Discovering the new realities of retirement
- Providing an objective and inclusive view across the business silos: “The View Across the Silos(sm)”
- Developing its findings into innovative solutions: “The New Wealth and Consumption Planning(sm)”
Boomer demographics drive three fundamental disruptions for the financial industry:
- The presence of client risks and needs not addressed by traditional investment management
- Solutions that exist outside of the traditional investment management business models
- Academic justifications that expand beyond the traditional focus on Wealth
RIIA’s unique culture brings the financial industry together with a unique “View Across Silos(sm)” creating an unbiased forum for the discovery of the emerging “Wealth and Consumption Management(sm)” best practices, including:
Market insights and research
RIIA members span the entire industry and include banks, insurers, mutual fund companies, brokerage houses, financial advisors and distributors, plan sponsors, researchers, technology companies, marketing firms, academics, and industry media.
- the empirical validation of academic and industry solutions, processes and products,
- the publication of solutions that pass the vetting process, and
- the education of consumers and advisors about the proper use of these solutions.